We the MEMBERS of Providence Reformed Baptist Church have by Sovereign Grace repented and believed in the Lord Jesus Christ and have surrendered ourselves to Him, having also been baptized upon our profession of faith, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, now relying on His gracious aid, soberly and joyfully bind ourselves in covenant with each other with these Ten Words:
- We agree to worship only the one true and living God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who has revealed Himself to us in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. We will declare His glorious gospel to all people and will have no other gods before Him.
- We agree to worship God in spirit and truth and to exclude from our worship anything that He has not commanded in the New Covenant. Our meeting place and times will be called a house of prayer.
- We agree not to use the name of our God emptily or to take it upon ourselves carelessly, but to walk in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.
- We agree to cease from our own works on the Lord’s Day (the day the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead), if they are not works of mercy, piety, or necessity, and to keep the day by gathering together publicly to call upon our Triune God.
- We agree to honor and obey all our superiors and, if we be superiors, to deal reasonably and lovingly with our subordinates and thus to teach them by word and example to fear God and to keep His commandments. We will not mock, but rather will pray for all those in authority over us.
- We agree to avoid whatever tends to destroy our neighbors or ourselves and to engage vigorously in all lawful endeavors to preserve our own lives and the lives of others, especially by quick reconciliation and faithful exhortation and encouragement in the church.
- We agree to possess our bodies in holiness as vessels joined to the Lord Jesus Christ and indwelt by the Holy Spirit and to avoid all uncleanness of thought, speech, or action.
- We agree to be diligent in our vocations that we may provide for our own households, avoid theft of time, money, or goods, and to share with others as the Lord gives us opportunity.
- We agree to love the truth and to avoid anything that would distort the truth or injure our neighbor’s good name. We understand that the gospel of grace is to be spread throughout all the world to the glory of God the only Savior of sinners.
- We agree to be fully content with our own condition in life, to rejoice in the advancement of our neighbor, and to avoid envying or coveting anything that is not ours.
Praised be Our Lord Jesus Christ! Amen!